Working for Prouds as a Christmas Casual
Thank you for your interest in joining our team this Christmas.
This page is being set up in order to provide you with a brief overview of the role and what will be expected of you if you are successful in the recruitment process.
When William James Prouds opened his first Prouds store in Pitt Street, Sydney in 1903, never did he imagine that one day Prouds the Jewellers would become the largest and most trusted jewellery chain in Australia. His vision, to make quality jewellery, watches and giftware affordable to all Australians is still the fundamental mission today, some 120 years later.
What we are looking for:
- Can you provide genuine customer service experiences to our customers?
- Are you results oriented and willing to help us meet our goals?
- Do you have an ability to work productively, both on your own and as part of a team?
- Will you demonstrate good attention to detail and show an ability to help with merchandising stock and refreshing displays?
- Can you work across our store roster, including weekends, extended trading hours and public holidays, possibly including Boxing Day?
What you will be doing:
- Offering professional and personalised service for our customers to find the ideal jewellery or watch based on their wants and desires.
- Completing in-house training to gain product knowledge, sales skills and a sound understanding of our policies & procedures.
- Operational tasks including stock replenishment, ticketing of stock, managing customer repairs, merchandising and general housekeeping.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures as will be outlined to you in the Employment Handbook, including our Code of Conduct, which will be sent for you to read before you sign your Employment Contract.
Why you should work with us:
- Adults earn a base weekday hourly rate (including casual loading) of $30.94 plus applicable penalties for weekends and late nights.
- Generous staff discounts across a wide range of products.
- Ongoing opportunities may be available for proven candidates.
Things you need to know:
- As a sales professional, you will be expected to present yourself in accordance with our company guidelines.
- You will need to confirm if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident and have the right to work in Australia.
- As part of the our recruitment process, successful applicants will be required to complete a National Police Criminal History Check from the relevant State and/or Territory he/she resides in before they receive an Employment offer.
- Christmas Casuals are employed on a fixed term contract that will end on or before 21st January 2024 but can be extended or
become permanent based on merit and position availability.